Everybody agrees that the future of Belgium lies in the development of its knowledge-based economy. But what does this mean exactly for the creative sector, and for the sub-sectors of communications, media and marketing in particular ? And how can we increase the importance and the international competitiveness of the sector ? In other words : what can we do to meet the Lisbon targets ? In our opinion, the growth of the creative sector depends essentially on a real effort to stimulate exchange within the sector. That’s why the Egg wants to support those targets by :
- Promoting collaboration and alliances within the sector through the relocation of several key organizations to one location and through the allocation of a shared space and equipment for collaboration.
- Being a source of inspiration to the sector for research, culture and technology.
The Egg will constantly stage events that will show the public the best of innovation in thought, projects and concepts. The Egg will ensure all the interactions between communication, culture and technology are fruitful while remaining transparent and honest. It is essential that all participants benefit from these alliances and exchanges. The Egg, a working and meeting place : In order to make the Egg a working and meeting place for the sector, it is important that the sector itself and the innovative players within the cultural world have a good reason to come to the Egg. That’s why the decision has been taken to allocate working space in the building to several important participants: professional associations, innovation enters and universities. The current activities of the Egg will chiefly aim to facilitate the work of these associations and to stimulate exchanges between them. We will create an interdisciplinary spirit between external companies, public authorities and the different artists :
- Centralization of professional associations within the egg
- Relocation of a platform of innovation : Living labs and user-driven innovation
- Artists In Residence (AIR)
- A Theater is joining The Egg
- Ad Hoc Collaboration
The Egg, a place for inspiration : The Egg wants to trigger fruitful exchanges within the professional sectors of the media, marketing and communication, and collaboration with the cultural, economic and scientific world. In addition to stimulating and assisting collaboration between companies, public authorities and artists, the Egg will constantly work towards being a catalyst for interdisciplinary innovations within and outside the sector.
- The Egg Exposures : Organizations, companies, artists and professors will be invited to present innovative projects and products. They will come from the communication sector as well as from other creative sectors or channels. These happenings will all contribute to develop contacts. The Egg-exposures will ensure that the 100.000 visitors to the site are constantly stimulated with innovation and surprise.
- The Golden Egg : Every year, the Egg will give a trophy to reward the most innovative idea. The winning project, The golden Egg, will receive space in the building for one year, all the necessary technological equipment to carry out the project; the guidance of mentors from companies and the academic world; and assistance in fundraising and in the hunt for the economic partners.
The Egg Creative Master Classes : The Egg intends to become a expert in the field. That’s why the Egg will organize on a very regular basis master classes regarding new developments, methods and procedures of each separate activity and in the other sectors linked to culture, innovation and technology.
The Egg will provide a Living Environment in which artists, culture and business will cowork, cohabitate, collaborate interacting with building, screens, mobile apps and other technologies connected by state-of-the-art wifi technology.